Sunday, March 8, 2009

Topic for Tuesday 10th March - Women's Day!

Who has been the most influential woman in your life, and why?

Sunday was International Womens Day which is something that has been around since 1911. Annually on 8 March, thousands of events are held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate achievements. In some countries it's a national holiday. The tradition sees men honouring their mothers, wives, girlfriends, colleagues, etc with flowers and small gifts. So, basically a day to celebrate the awesomeness of women:).

1 comment:

  1. The most influential woman in my life has to be, BY FAR, my mother. Sadly she passed away in 2002 yet there isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about her and the wonderful example she was to me! She was the kind of woman where if you asked her for an orange she would hand it to you peeled!She always put others before herself, a 100% visiting teacher, a testimony bearer at on EVERY fast sunday a real woman of faithfulness! I love her and miss her loads, which makes me totally grateful for the Plan of Salvation!

    ReplyDelete